12-06-2018, 01:02 PM   #7
TheMidnightNarwhal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 11' 335is DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by b92 View Post
You need to trim to fit the 7" intercooler, hope that cleans up some confusion.

The gains from an intercooler that doesn’t require trimming don’t warrant the price. For just a little bit more, the 7” offers higher performance and really shines by eliminating heat soak during multiple consecutive runs.

Before installing the intercooler, there was a noticeable difference in acceleration from the 1st run to the 3rd consecutive run, measured by buddy’s Mustang GT which I beat during the first two runs but not the third. I literally ordered the intercooler that same day. Heat soak is now non-existent for me, but highway pulls are the extent of what my car sees so this would probably be a different story if I was tracking it. I guess that’s why VRSF offers a 7.5” ‘race’ intercooler.

I wouldn’t do the job without a Dremmel, not saying it’s impossible, it’s just that the Dremmel’s size and precision go a long way here. Not a bad tool to invest in though, every toolbox should have one.
Ah ok gotcha.

I'm also just looking to get more HP just go a overwall faster/quicker car. I only do highway pulls and rarely do race pulls against people at a spot we know (in mexico ofc )

What about the VRSF 5 inch stepped intercooler? Is that easy fit? And it should be adequate for performance or not.

For sure always wanted a dremmel. But everything adds up lol $$$. I'm about to remove my seconds cats and put in 1972 vibrant resonators to.

I was considering either coils or intercooler. Looks or performance for the next mod after. I'm unsure now

Just to make sure I understand. The main reason why the smaller aftermarket upgrades are not worth it is because of heat soaking after time or just that you won't get as much HP? A 7" intercooler compared to a 5" will provide better IAT even when not under heat soak, correct, so meaning more HP?
Appreciate 0