b92
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335is, 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMidnightNarwhal View Post
Ah ok gotcha.

I'm also just looking to get more HP just go a overwall faster/quicker car. I only do highway pulls and rarely do race pulls against people at a spot we know (in mexico ofc )

What about the VRSF 5 inch stepped intercooler? Is that easy fit? And it should be adequate for performance or not.

For sure always wanted a dremmel. But everything adds up lol $$$. I'm about to remove my seconds cats and put in 1972 vibrant resonators to.

I was considering either coils or intercooler. Looks or performance for the next mod after. I'm unsure now

Just to make sure I understand. The main reason why the smaller aftermarket upgrades are not worth it is because of heat soaking after time or just that you won't get as much HP? A 7" intercooler compared to a 5" will provide better IAT even when not under heat soak, correct, so meaning more HP?
So an intercooler 'makes' power by cooling the charged air, cooler air = more dense air = more power. If you have a log available, take a peek at how much your IAT rises during the 3rd gear pull. By the end of that pull, the stock intercooler isn't keeping up with the turbos' increased heat so you are getting less dense air = less power, aka heat soak.

A 5" intercooler will reduce that top-end heat, therefore increasing power in that range. A 7" will do the same but better. The big difference between the two is noticeable after a few runs, when your starting IAT is 20-30* hotter than normal. The 7" will be able to keep the IAT within a tolerable range, whereas the 5" will start experiencing heat soak.

VRSF's intercoolers are all pretty much plug & play with the stock outlets/chargepipes, except the 7 & 7.5" need to have the bumper shroud trimmed.

Intercooler and coilovers are both performance and looks If you're happy with your car's current performance then I would shelf the intercooler until after coilovers. That's what I had done, but after I got beat by a Mustang I had to purchase the intercooler
Torgus3781.50