02-01-2009, 11:54 AM   #1
1clean335i
Perf BMW mag issue 147, 159
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: Project Estoril

Garage List
Angry Duke Dynamics= Garbage

So after waiting for months to find the right diffuser for my rear bumper, I found out that Duke Dynamics had just released a dual hole diffuser for the 335i in carbon fiber. Not only that, the diffuser had the fins on it also that several of us had been requesting...

Sounds awesome right? So I went ahead and placed an order for one. After exchanging several emails with the guys at Duke Dynamics, I sent paypal on and Jan 19th and paid extra for express shipping to have it delivered by fri. the 23rd or sat. the 24th. So I can have it on for a car show the following Sunday.

That did not happen. I was given the excuse that it was Chinese New Years so shipping was delayed. AFAIK, the postal service is open on that holiday so that was total b/s.

After several more emails, with very little and short responses, my request to get the extra money I paid for shipping back did not happen. The diffuser did not arrive until Fri. Jan 30th. Yea, that was some express shipping alright.

Upon receiving the diffuser, I have to say that it was packaged very good. but that doesnt really help the situation at all...

I pull off my oem diffuser, and test fit the cf one. LMAO! I had a friend help me hold the other end of it and there was no way that diffuser was going to mount up the way it arrived. The oem diffuser has somewhat of a curve to it, and this Duke Dynamics one was flat. Already, I dont see it mounting properly within some type of heat gun to try to shape it correctly.

On top of that, I had to cut quite a bit of material off of the diffuser to make it somewhat fit correctly. This is not a DIY type of install imo. Its really hard to explain, but I will let the comparison pictures do the talking.......

Im about to go back out to the garage, and give it one last install attempt. Pics to follow shortly. Sorry, just had to vent on this horrible experience!