View Single Post
      03-25-2007, 12:33 AM   #89
bmwexecutive
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerCrack View Post
Well, you need to get yourself a Glock23, you would have the right to shoot him since he stepped out of his truck and approached you, don't you know Florida gun laws?
When folks tailgate intentionally, I switch lanes and let them pass. If it comes to a confrontation, a gun pointed at their chest will get their mind right.
Aside from that you played cat & mouse in traffic it ended up biting you in the ass real bad.
Shoulda just hauled ass with your tail between your legs.
Sorry for the damaged ride though, that sucks.
Even with a concealed weapons license I couldn't exactly step out of my car and pull the gun. However, I don't have a gun, but if I did, Florida law permits me to only brandish the gun to the guy if he were to approach me and I felt in danger. And this means, out of sight of any parties not involved. So he would have had to come up to the window to at which point I'd flash it. Then, of course, I could use it if he used force on me.

As far as hauling ass goes, as soon as he swered into my lane and I had to slam on my brakes to avoid the first collision I knew I had to get away. I was ready to gun it and try and weave past a few cars to flee but I had no where to go, other than across the median and in the other direction but sedan's don't work so well over curbs. If I had an SUV, that's what I would have done and I would have avoided the accident.
Appreciate 0