View Single Post
      03-25-2007, 08:06 AM   #109
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

Glad to hear you're ok. You had me worried when you mentioned .45 and rounds, because I didn't know where your story was headed.

My advice to everyone is to avoid situations with unknown people when possible--it's not a sign of weakness. This advice is coming from someone who fought 2 thugs on the NYC subway--luckily 2 others in their group were too far away to join in, and it was rush hour. I can assure you that no New Yorkers stepped-in to help me when it was a 2 v. 1, they just watched the show. Very doubtful if they couldn't figure out who was the victim and who was perpetrating the crime.

The conductor followed procedure and halted the train and blew a horn, and many cowards stepped off the train to watch. I consider myself lucky as another person, anyone, could have been beaten severely (how the thugs could not connect a punch I'll never know, but I'll take it). Would I do it again? No, because the subway is the only time I would ever come in contact with thugs, and I do my best now to avoid them altogether. I believe the same is true on the roads, someone is acting crazy, avoid them if you can. In my above situation, fight or flight had kicked-in, so I'm lucky. And it gave me a real lesson on NYC--far cry from Nicolas Cage in the movies....

Again, glad you're ok, your car will be fixed and back on the road!
Appreciate 0