View Single Post
      06-05-2021, 08:57 PM   #18
haaken675
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 24v turbo e30, e92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivek. View Post
I've tracked mine. It's great, but I agree that cooling becomes an issue on the N54. Definitely couldn't smash a 30 min session, typically I gotta take a quick cool down at the 10-12 minute mark, drive around the paddock for a minute or two, and hop back on. Note that this has never been due to any overheating warning or limp mode, just a precaution that I take when oil temp starts to get over 275. Good oil can hit 300F with no issues.
Are you running the stock oil cooler and thermostat? I recently did a mishimoto oil cooler sitting behind the kidney's and a 185 degree thermostat. I'm really looking forward to seeing how it does at the track. It stays really cool in the Florida summer heat so far, and I'm willing to bet it will work pretty good on track. If it doesn't, I'm considering adding a second and doing a larger radiator.

All turbo cars get hot, i just don't buy the heat being an n54 issue. It seems to be more of a lack of cooling from the factory since these are not factory built race cars.

I'm already on complete m3 control arms, revshift motor and trans mounts, condor solid subframe bushings, condor diff bushings, bilstein coils, adjustable toe arms, all new bushings everywhere, and a brand new set of nitto nt555's. Hoping to find a weekend to take this car to the track since my m52 turbo e30 isn't ready just yet.
Appreciate 0