08-23-2012, 09:15 AM   #218
CJ421
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSC_OFF View Post
Once you do one, the other isn't nearly as bad. The only thing that would slow you down is the possibility your hardware may not line up with the floor mounts, and if you're NOT using a slider which in that case it'll take a few tries to figure out the sweet spot.
True - I'm hoping this second one is a sub-one hour job. I think without the slider this would have been a lot simpler.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slopp View Post
What do you guys run at the track in terms of tunes? Do you have maps set up specifically for track days where you require more lower-end torque for a track with more turns etc?
With a stock tune and stock intercooler I did not experience any heat issues on the track, and that includes the ridiculous 100*F ambient, full sun day I did on Lightning this summer.
I now have the ETS 5" now and run Map 5 on my JB4. Works perfectly. I'll defer to turugara but I think you're going to run through a lot of meth on the track. I think you'll find power is not a limiting factor for you, even w/ stock tune.