07-13-2013, 01:13 PM   #147
buster84
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335I X-Drive E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pittsburger View Post
Thanks ****** for the pm. Also buster, thanks for the response above. Unfortunately I have a 2010, well see how it goes with the 99 rip off price one first. I guess if I bought that I'd have to remove the 8th pin or something??
Not sure. I've heard that some cords don't for on 09+ and my car is an 09. The nice thing about amazon is that if it doesn't work, just return it for free. If you have prime you can get it in 2 days and return it for free if you have a problem.

The cord looks just like the ones priced at $99 and im sure these cords are the same ones that are sold for $99.

I can see most not installing the software correctly which would cause them to think that the cord doesn't work. It happened to me, at first i couldn't get the air bag to respond so i just assumed it wasn't going to work. Then i said screw it and followed the rest of the instructions and once i got to the part that i could pick my car (e89 in the program) it showed my vin, and correct model (e93). So it actually works when it might seem that it doesn't.

The software is very technical so its easy to get confused with it, there is always the possibility that you have an issue with windows it's self and its not recognizing the cord or maybe the drivers that came with the cheap cord are the problem and finding them online from the correct cord might do it.

Since you'll have both cords, once you get the $99 working, swap it for the cheap one and see if it still works. Some people have gotten ebay's cords to work so it'll be interesting for you to do a comparison. Maybe even take pics for a physical one.
Appreciate 0