United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335i, 05 E46 330i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
2005 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzenno View Post
I had no visible meth leaks in the past 1.5 years I've been running the setup except one at the wash fluid tank tap I made which I had to redo shortly after install (added silicone to secure it). I run my washer fluid tank as my meth tank, pump is behind the front bumper in front of the front subframe of the car and tubing goes up behind the firewall above the fan, where the filter+check valve+flow sensor are mounted, and then another tube goes down to the elbow before the charge pipe with a single M15 nozzle there...I dynoed with this setup while Shiv was here recently and I know it didn't leak back then as the hood was open and we would've seen it spray/leak, would've been dead obvious...

Right above the fan where I have the filter+checkvalve+flow sensor, I had reinstalled the plastic air scoop piece that delivers air to the DCIs about a year ago, covering the 3 key pieces in my meth setup and hiding them from easy view/access...yesterday, while looking around the front of the engine and examining an oil leak from the oil filter housing I took this plastic piece off to have a better look...i was shocked to see that the tube going from the flowsensor to the injector was OFFFFF I have no idea when it actually came off but the funny part is it came off AFTER the flow sensor...maybe it was a fluke and it came off suddenly while taking the plastic charge air piece but maybe not...

What would've happened if I continued driving like this is basically a few potential disasters, plural..Procede would still end up get a max flow reading from the flow sensor, upping boost to map2 settings (flow at 50 would indicate an overflow to procede and it would drop a map but I'd maybe still be below that with my current settings and it wouldn't)...also, running 50/50 mix and considering it was still winter/cold here I was ok BUT had this been middle of summer with 100% meth at the track something could've gone really really wrong with high concentration meth "atomizing" conveniently into a hot engine bay..

I'm really glad I noticed this when I did...now, I have to say, I hate push fittings...I must change this to fittings that aren't of this type and which I can guarantee will stay in place 110% of the time...any suggestions how to retrofit something like that?
You know that labonte told me they would retro fit their unit with an fittings... There is no reason we can't use ALL an fittings. I've been saying it since the beginning but nooo, people insist they are fool proof.
Appreciate 0