Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: M235i 6MT

Garage List
2012 E92 335d  [8.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassman View Post
If a new (OEM) screen is what you were after, this is good news for you. Is the car less than three years-old?

Plus, I'm curious about the repair; any chance you could post an image of it? Not saying this is the case here, but there's an accepted view on repairs (or what can be repaired) which I'm curious to see if this falls into that category. There's almost a misconception on what a good repair is, or what can (or cannot) be repaired.

I have seen many cases of perfectly repairable screens which have been replaced when the damage could (and should) have been repaired.

People who have had a repair have been surprised at what a good repair really looks like in comparison.
Sorry to go OT, but Glassman - do you think BMW screens are tougher than others?

The reason I ask is prior to owning BMWs I had a Citroen and then 2 VWs (all company cars). In those 6 years combined, I drove about 200k miles and I had 4 windscreen replacements and several repairs.

Since moving to BMW, I've done getting on for 100k in 3 and a bit years and never had a single chip that required repair or replacement despite a few nasty sounding impacts......

Just wondering......
Appreciate 0