11-27-2019, 11:47 PM   #4507
vtl
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAT335 View Post
Awesome job Phil on the extra goodies installed recently. I sort of still don't understand why your car isn't producing 400kw+? I know you have gone down the path of single extra and spent a hell of a lot of money but just reading through, thought that for sure a single setup would crush it with ease. I know when I was putting mine on the dyno I only got 1 run before I have to fix the head issue but still pumped 585rwhp on 100% e85 with PI and that was the base map from wedge and haven't even done a revision yet due to the issue. I really am wondering if it is really worth getting the helix especially if your reporting the that its dropping really low. Might wait for the 4x one instead. But yeah mate love the info you and Vince are putting up.
Yeh unfortunately in Australia you can't really compare dynos, even ones of the same brand (although Mainline seems to be a bit more consistent)

On the dyno day, most N54 stage 2+ MHD cars on 98 fuel were producing 230-240 kw on the same dyno. Other dynos will be showing 260-300kw with the same mods.

There helix should have some extra headroom in it, there's extra tables in the DME that control the max current to the fuel quantity control valve, so they have to be modified to take full advantage of the helix. Once the new fuel line is installed, next step would be to go back and retune and go for the bigger numbers.