RagingKileak
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by creepy coupe View Post
Indeed. We have a massive tuning/accessories market here in the UK
I can imagine it being an absolute nightmare on day 1.

All insurance policies for modified vehicles immediately become invalid because the vehicle is illegal. Insurance companies will need to pay back premiums for the remainder of the period IF the vehicle is put back to standard - then who will be responsible for picking up the 'Admin' fee etc?

Net result = outrage.

MOT garages will need to know 1,000,000 times more about cars than they currently do - for example how can they check for my JB4 without opening the ECU, or someone elses Remap without a reader? How can they tell my aftermarket downpipes which (even on a ramp with the undertray off) look fairly similar to the OEM ones.

Net result = outrage.

When this law comes in (if it does) how will the country cope with the number of stealthily modified cars being sold as 'standard' and then being driven, insured and ultimately crashed by unsuspecting people who thought they had bought a car which was legit? How will they sort the real victims from people like those on this forum who know their car is modified but try to play the 'victim' in the event that there is an issue?

Net result = outrage.

I could come up with probably 20 more similar scenarios. This just can't be allowed to happen.

Matt
Appreciate 0