10-09-2012, 09:27 AM   #642
GRIP
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onurleft View Post
This makes it so much better x10. One of my issues with the ATL SCCA region was a large chunk of the field was out there to do one thing, win and go home. So this means tough guys in their prepped cars were yelling/directing/screaming at first timers, people who didn't know the usual procedures and people simply not rushed to get their time. I have no issues with timed competition, but the atmosphere was always tense, rushed and flat out rude and 4 runs was the max. BMW events were quite the opposite.

Now are you the director of the event or a volunteer? I am very interested in the "finish early" so we can get more runs, or stay late haha. I use to work for a company called Xtreme Measures and we'd always open up the 3 courses at the beginning and end of each day for instructors and ride alongs until people were ready to leave. Is this a definite possibility?
I'm not a director, volunteer, or even an SCCA member haha. I've been racing since 03, but I never know how many events per year I'll be able to make, so I've never joined. I just race CENLA, DELTA, and SOWELA as my work schedule permits. We usually always finish early enough for fun runs. Like I said, the events run pretty smooth, and you can always pay for double entry to make sure you get a lot of runs.