View Single Post
      11-27-2011, 05:52 PM   #4
luckyu
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i, 1998 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdrewh View Post
Thanks, great info. Ya know, I got a good deal on barely-used ZSP springs, with the intention of pairing them with Koni FSD's, and hoping to get a decent deal on a ZSP front sway as well, essentially correcting my non-ZSP purchase decision.

But the Koni's, if I can't find 'em used, round up or down to $700 depending on where I order from. Add it all up and I'm within BMW Performance Suspension territory, give or take a couple hundred. So I might go that route instead. Remaining concern is the tighter Performance Springs, I hesitate based on the roads where I live.
Bilstein HD's or Koni Yellows are also good choices that you can find used. I think the Bilsteins are fantastic (you can click on my sig to see what I did). Really great feel, and the comfort level remains high.

I don't know if you're in the City or not. Lowering the car can make a big negative difference on how your car feels on really rough roads. Also, I have a suspicion based on several "335 in NYC, Oh God the pain" threads, that stiffer shocks and more suspension travel can actually be more comfortable. Porsches are said to handle NYC potholes better than 335, and M3 is also better.
2007 328i ZSP. M3 suspension: custom valved Bilstein shocks, Hyperco race springs, M3 lower control arms front and rear, M3 sway bars, and M3 subframe bushings. E46 front guide supports. Euro tail lights.
Appreciate 0