View Single Post
      08-01-2014, 11:56 PM   #15
RoamPT
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 Dodge Charger SRT 392

Garage List
Alright just installed my unit and i have to say that it's awesome! It's amazing, I'm loving it. My gf loves it too! Anyway some pics of the installation!

Time of installation is around 3 hours, that's what it took me to remove the old unit, do all the bits and pieces, run wire to the battery(i highly recommend to do this), install new unit, and mic installation!

Routing the wire to the battery! All hidden, i ran it over the glovebox and then down to side of the car under the plastics covers.

Here is the iphone cable that i ran under the center console trim to the console bin.

Connection to the battery with a inline fuse holder ato with a 15amp fuse, same amperage as the unit.

The main menu, due to the flash you can't really see it, damn iphone lol i didn't relocated the seat heating buttons into the button relocator because i didn't want to waste time tonight, so I'll do that when i come home from the long weekend.

Also the unit buttons lights are exactly the same color as the oem, they look different because of the angle and the iphone camera flash.

Navigation system running, fast and smooth like the unit itself, faster than my TomTom VIA 1505M

Now about the unit. It runs fast and smoothly, very oem looking and it's easy to work with. A must have for sure, i love it so far. I tested it for over an hour now, i have a 152km trip tomorrow so you can expect more feedback from me! Feel free to make questions.

Last edited by RoamPT; 08-02-2014 at 09:47 AM..
Appreciate 0