View Single Post
      10-16-2017, 07:09 AM   #1674
polestar
Sweden
Rep
Drives: E91 316i LCI 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdiboy View Post
I have still to this date not had the camera fitted as it's always in the back of my mind that it might go again. Fitting the camera is quite a complicated job with cable runs and the need to take the interior trim apart from the boot lid.

The problem with this issue is the length of time between each failure. You can be thinking after a couple of months that all is well and without warning, it happens again. I've got to the point where I might fit a switch to the positive line of the box (if I can fine the pin) so I can force a "reset" when it occurs again.

Another issue I've got now is the radio reception has become terrible (worse than the poor performance I had initially) so I seed to take the N6 out and put my old one back in to test that it's not the antenna amp that has failed. If it hasn't, it's just another N6 problem to the list

Cheers
Dave
Hi Dave,

I can understand the frustration, I felt the same way when the unit failed the second time. Even worse is when they cannot reproduce the problem at Auto Electronics. I got back my unit from Auto electronics and fitted it yesterday. Works for now, but as you said you never know when it happens again. I replied to Jeff who is also invloved in this discussion. Sorry Jeff and Dave, if this discussion is getting a bit messy :=)

Oh yes, I remember the camera installation and wire routing. Took more time than installing the unit itself.

It looks like BMW CCC/CIC are also prone to reboot problems. So I'm reading some online threads where there are similar problems with other head units. Will see how it goes.

Best Regards,

Tenil.