View Single Post
      08-14-2018, 08:43 AM   #11
JonEQuest
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Convertible 2007 335

I see what you mean on the concave vs. dish thing. That is my biggest apprehension. I am unsure if the big lip/dish looks too "Camaro/Mustang" like for our cars. One seller had some photos with them on a BMW and it looked pretty good. My goal is to fill out the wheel well but I don't expect to be totally flush with the edge of the fenders to avoid any rubbing issues. One thing to note is that I am putting "M3 clone" front fenders and a "M3 clone" rear bumper, with an 1M style front bumper. Depending on how that looks I will probably want to add just about a 1"-1.5" flare to my rear quarters. Normally that is a lot of work for little result gain. BUT, I have to do body work on every panel of this car, plus one rear quarter had a crappy repair that I need to grind down and redo anyway.

P.S. Anyone have a good source for "slightly raised" rear wheel well arches? I don't want to look like a track star with 4" bolt on wheel well arches. I plan to just blend in some fiberglass ones that will have that stock M3 bump.
Appreciate 0