RBT-Tuning
Austria
Rep
Drives: A lot of BMWs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by robnitro View Post
Ok, one request if possible.
The pricing structure is reasonable ONLY IF:
Let's say I buy the sw for $120 and comfort tune $50. Ok no problem, total $170 is ok.

BUT, we should have a trial period. If I try it and I don't like it, reflash to stock- which your software can detect. Uninstall software, refund. Or to try the sport tune, who knows.

I don't think otherwise I would put down $170 for a D comfort tune that might not work well in my specific stop and go driving. Without trying, $170 is not worth the risk. For whatever 5% (or less in my case?) fuel savings $170 can get a lot of diesel.

Am I missing your offer? The facebook page does not explain the structure much besides the tunes.
We haven't planned a trial period and there's a reason for that, apart from the additional development time needed for that. xHP is not a one-time install tune and that's it. The OTS tunes are an offer from our side which everyone can use, or not use. But the main part is the general Flash license which enables everyone to flash his trans freely. Of course, it's not at everybodys delight to dive into how the transmission works and build his own tune, but there will be lot's of people doing this and we encourage the community to do so. Also there will be 3rd party Tuners in the future, which will offer custom tunes for xHP.

Remember what we are doing here: We're flashing the transmission, fully. There's "nothing", which is impossible to do with xHP when it comes to the 6HP. So if you don't like an OTS tune, you will still have lot's of other possibilities in the future and they will expand over time. Additionally, the OTS tunes will get free updates in the future from our side. So we encourage everyone to contact us with suggestions for later revisions.

So if you are unsure, just wait a few weeks and read the experiences from other guys.
Appreciate 1
sd306379.50