03-20-2009, 11:47 PM   #12
Orb
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerlucas View Post
That's what I figured, thanks for the confirmation Orb. When you replaced the springs which ones did you go for? It might be something I'd consider doing if this problem actually starts to bug me.
There a few options that I been keeping to myself...The problem will never go away and just gets worse but if you try what i said as it does work.

KW 2023 spring is the same linear rate as the stock KW 2011 spring. It doesn't bind up so it doesn't make noise. You can only drop the car 25 mm max. I would match that to the rear spring KW 2017. These come of several M3 and 335i kit already. Expect a superior handling and smoother riding car over what you have now with these close to linear springs.

Honestly, I would take advantage of the KW e92 M3 front spring at the same rate as the KW 2023 spring. This will only work with the e92 M3 top mounts which is good thing because the stock mounts belong in the dumpster so now you got chance to use a much better top mount. The spring number for the front is KW 2025 which is matched to the KW 2017 spring as pre the M3 KW specification.

If you want to run stiffer spring than this in the rear then you can start at 670 lb/in linear spring and KW has all the parts to do this. The 670 lb/in spring is actually not that stiff at the wheel because of the high motion ratio.

If you have KW v3 you can change to what ever spring you want. These dampers have no less range the any higher end damper.

Orb
Appreciate 0