United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i & E60 550i

Garage List
2018 BMW M5  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orb View Post
That is about the 10th KW kit I seen do this. I also had this problem with the KW2011 front springs from day one. This noise is the coil clashing and it only happens at certain speed on small expansion joint type bumps. It seems to happen more when it is cold for what ever reason as well. I got rid of those front springs and the noise was gone.

Not much you can do other than clean the coil with the car jacked up and wheel off and lube the coils will dry type silicon or Teflon spray. The coils on the top are what you wat to lube as these are the ones that touch each other when you lower the car. It helps for a month or so but it will come back.

Orb
Thanks for the info. Owning KW suspensions has been very fustrating for me.

On my last car, E46 330i, I had purchased a brand new set of V3's. After having the car corner balanced and aligned I found out that the rebound setting kept returning to the zero position. Turned out that KW had a bad run of struts. They offered abosolutely no compensation for me having to remove the suspension and send it in for repair. They could not even cover shipping. They returned it to me with the adjustments seized and I had to send it in again.

After getting that issue resolved I began to have issues with the swaybar endlinks wearing out very quickly(every 8-10k miles). After much back and foward I got that resolved.

Now with my 335i I had an issue with the tab on the strut that the endlink attaches to breaking off and bending. It has now happened to me 2 times. See the pics below.

Though they say they have had no issues using this suspension with the H&R sways they blamed it on that. I sent pics of the install that my shop did and they said all was fine though and I don't see how if the front bar I believe is only 1-2mm thicker than stock. Again, I had to pull the suspension twice to get it repaired. Owning KW's has been very expensive for me. Now it looks like there might be another inherent design flaw.
Pure S2 Turbos | Vargas Outlets | RB Inlets | OEM SS Kit & Performance Steering Wheel| LCI Rear Conversion | Euro Xenons | RD Sport Quad Exhaust | Spearco Intercooler | Cobb V3 | MORR VS7 | KW V3 | H&R Sways | Mtech Bodykit | Vorsteiner CF Hood, CSL Trunk & Front Lip | Quaife LSD | Rotora BBK | GruppeM Intake | Forge UK DV | AR Design Catted DP's

Last edited by roller84; 05-19-2009 at 11:00 PM..
Appreciate 0