06-14-2019, 08:26 AM   #2
SPEEDRACER/n54
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 335 xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshaw View Post
Round two of my turbo install...

I need a reliable shop that is reasonably priced yet attentive to details. I'm hoping someone can point me out to place that THEY have used and are satisfied with. Ive already had a NIGHTMARE experience with my first turbo install shop (see my other thread) so now i want to do this right and know exactly who is working on my car.

Petrolwerks: Ive used them in the past for some minor work in the past, but ive had a bad experience with them. They couldn't complete my alignment right and sent me off to Intrack in Queens from LI with a disconnected control arm. Plus they quoted $1500 for turbo install

MNC: I used them for clutch and some gasket work. I would love to go back to MNC, however Martin is not the best communicator and after all the emails ive sent him for quotes, he doesn't seem like he wants my business or is too busy.

Autocouture Motors: I would bite the bullet and pay their higher prices for install, since their reputation is the best...but they do not allow customers to supply their own parts, so next...

Stance Shop: Ive known Keith for years now, he is best with suspension and minor install parts. He told me he is willing to do my turbos, but id be his first, lol. To save a few hundred and let him do it....?

I've checked the official install shop list on this subforum, but that thread is outdated, and most of those shops dont seem to enthused to work on my n54. Ive also called MANY "BMW Specialty shops" but most shops either dont respond or are just not really interested in isntalling aftermarket parts.

Lemme know what you got! Please list what you had done, with who, costs. ETC please.
Try mpire performance in Hempstead ny