View Single Post
      03-13-2020, 11:18 AM   #529
Captain Buumer
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 325D

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwill View Post
Thanks for the great write-up, really helpful. About this part, are you saying if we do not want to continue supplying GPS signal to the ccc, we don't have to buy the adapter? Or is this needed in any case?

Thanks
Eventually boils down to following choices:

1. Use supplied black box for android GPS (depending on antenna location signal may not be best - definitely worse compared to OEM sharkfin placement).

2. Don't use GPS at all because car supplied GPS connector will not reach.

3. Splice car OEM GPS wire and solder with supplied (black box) connector.

4. Buy splitter cable (and some soldering) to retain OEM connector (reversible) and have GPS.

There was some issue with fitting GPS to the CCC idrive unit. (With the splitter i bought).

So the LVDS connector in the CCC unit (screen signal cable) has L shaped bend that is over the GPS connector.

Splitter GPS (i bought) does not have L bend and i going straight out from the socket. If you can try find splitter cable with metal connector on the other side (i bought wrong connector which is why needed to solder).

This would mean only one connector can be used at once for CCC unit. (LVDS - screen signal or GPS signal).

Thus i made decision not to supply GPS to the CCC idrive unit.

If you don't use CCC side navigation then don't really need to supply GPS signal there

Last edited by Captain Buumer; 03-13-2020 at 11:25 AM..
Appreciate 0