View Single Post
      06-18-2020, 06:13 PM   #548
mckwong
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 328i E90 LCI with N51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throatpunch View Post
Having same question, but in a e93 m3 with individual...

Can uou try this... in the factory settings there is an option for “auto aux switching”. Enable that and see if audio passes through. I watched a video on youtube where a guy says that fixed his issue.
I went into the factory settings and the AUX is already in AUTO. I switched it to Manual and back to AUTO, and it does not do anything. I asked the seller about this and they said I need to use the AUX in from the armrest. I think the main harness Audio In is made for E90 that has an original screen, so it can take audio from the screen. For those of us without an original screen, we need to use the AUX in from the armrest. The seller also said I don't need to connect the red ACC wire, but did not answer what to do with the pink LIN wire. The round thing is a speaker. I think I will leave it on the harness to test it, and if it does not make any sound, I will remove it.

I notice in factory settings, there is a settings to choose if it is Harman/Alpine/Other. Do you know if I should choose Other since I have the base system (HiFi)?

Last edited by mckwong; 06-18-2020 at 06:25 PM..
Appreciate 0