Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335i N54 Montego Blue

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markos ZimZimma View Post
If only they were based in the south somewhere!

Great results though in terms of BHP/torque... How does it feel/drive now?

I'm pretty clueless on maps but was wondering if you or anyone else knows why the torque curve is a little 'lumpy'? Does it drop off for gear changes? That's my best uneducated guess as the slight drops appear at the same RPM on both power and toque curves.
Yeah it's annoying- but I spoke to Gareth (the guy who runs map tech) and he doesn't think anyone down south can map the manifold as it's apparently quite complicated! I had it tuned by a different company before who didn't get anything out of it so I'm inclined to believe him!

It's like night and day to be honest. Completely different car now and feels a lot more alive. Feels like it should have done from factory- feels almost fast!

I believe the drops are due to the valves in the 3 stage manifold opening and closing at different points, apparently it's a good indicator it's working! I believe they are fully open at low rpm, halfway at mid range then they close at the top end. It's all designed to give you more torque at the low end and more hp at the top end!
Appreciate 0