View Single Post
      01-03-2017, 03:16 PM   #7
MarkGuid
Registered
Rep
Drives: 325

Detroit Wheel and Tire - Still at it again

I purchased a set of 5 wheels in late 2016 from Detroit Wheel and Tire. I took them to a professional tire shop to install. They were shocked at what they saw when the boxes were opened and they placed them on the balancing machine.

4 out of the 5 wheels were bent on the back of the wheel. The shop manager and owner inspected them thoroughly and said there was no way that the wheels were damaged from shipping. They were clearly reconditioned wheels where the front of the wheel looks mint but they didn't bother fixing the pothole bends in the back of the wheel. I was told there is a degree of risk involved when repairing these types of bends as the wheel can crack, which explains why they didn't fix them. Detroit Wheel and Tire asked me to ship all of the wheels back and make a claim with UPS which is totally wrong and a waste of my time. The boxes were not damaged at all and this was clearly the fault of Detroit Wheel and Tire.

One of the wheels was so bad the shop manager refused to install it so I had to ship it back to Detroit Wheel and Tire for replacement. I understand it's under new ownership but the workmanship is still garbage.

Perhaps they thought because I'm in Canada I wouldn't make a big deal about it. I'm going to let others know about this because it's deceptive advertising. They should place disclaimers on their website indicating that wheels may have cosmetic issues and bends on the back of the rim.

To anyone who is considering purchasing sports wheels for your M3, M6 or other sports wheels... AMG, SRT8 etc... think twice!

If they had been open and honest about this on their website I probably would have purchased somewhere else and this review would never have been posted.
Appreciate 2