View Single Post
      03-20-2013, 12:24 AM   #21
soupey
Rep
Drives: 2006 325xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by gte460z View Post
If it is hooked up the correct way (as shown in the diagram), to get your buttons to work you have to reset your ASWC so the next time you turn it on it will auto discover your buttons and radio. Turn your car on, immediately after, repeatedly press your volume up button on your steering wheel for 10-15 seconds while its auto detecting (this is also mentioned in the ASWC manual). This is what I had to do to get the ASWC to recognize my steering wheel buttons. Auto detect mode without doing this will result in the radio being recognized and the steering wheel buttons not working (happened to me too!). When I had a pioneer headunit the volume would go down a couple of notches when the ASWC does its auto detection mode so I think that part was normal.
hmm i think i kept my car on while trying to get it to work and just hit the reset button on the ASWC module. I'll try to reset it, then turn off power, then turn on the car and hit the volume up button right away and see if that makes a difference, hopefully i can get this thing working this time.

thanks again for all your help!
Appreciate 0