United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 LCI Jerez Black

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
2017 Euro Alpine Road Trip

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Before i start, some apologies. Firstly, for the lack of photos on the first few days. The weather was abysmal, with rain and thunderstorms, so photos opportunities were pretty slim. Secondly, i forgot to enable geo tagging on my photos until the third day. Thirdly, i forgot to plug my external mic to my dashcam until day 3. Fourthly, i didn't have chance to test optimal placement of said external mic, so the sound quality is a little disappointing. And finally, my Chinese knockoff Go Pro (for the tow hook mount) didn't arrive in time

Anyway, in the words of Tim McIlrath......."Lets go!"

2017 Euro Alpine Road Trip

Day 1 - Lets leave this crappy weather behind

As always, we catch the earliest Eurotunnel train possible, which involves a 3am alarm and a 4.16am departure from the house to Folkstone. After minimal delays at checkin and border patrol we manage to get on the 6.50am train, slightly earlier than our booked 7.20am train.

A quick stop off at the Carrefour for cheap supermarket fuel to get us to Italy and we hit the motorway south.

The weather in France is pretty good, definitely better than what we left behind at home in the UK and it stayed this way until about Dijon.

Then things started to turn. The closer we got to our hotel (just after the Petit S. Bernard Pass) the worse the weather got. There was heavy rain, thunder and lightning and hail!

The weather may have been bad, but the scenery made up for it!

The plan was after we checked into the hotel, we wanted to take a short drive to the tunnel where the opening scene of The Italian Job was filmed, but the weather was just too bad. But my t-shirt was there in spirit

Instead, deciding to leave it for first thing the next morning. Thankfully there was a bar/restaurant 10 seconds walk from our hotel where we had a well deserved cold beer and food.

No time to relax though, as we had an early start the next day.

Total driving time (including stops/fuel ups/Eurotunnel/etc) - 17 hours / 730 miles

// E90 M3 LCI DCT in Jerez Black with Fox Red Leather // Alcantara Trim // ST XTA Coilovers // 1.75 Exhaust Mod // Pinnacle Undertray // @jerez.black.e90.m3 //
Euro Alpine Road Trips 2014 2016 2017 2018 2019

Last edited by mjn77; 11-01-2017 at 09:34 AM..
Appreciate 3