View Single Post
      06-13-2018, 07:08 AM   #7
BeamerNub
Private
Rep
Drives: 3 series

I don't have an iPhone, so I couldn't help you on that. I have an Android. I use a free tool called MacroDroid, so when it connects to the radio's Bluetooth, it instantly switches on my hotspot on my phone. Then when it disconnects it switches it off. It all works really seamlessly.

There may be some kind of equivalent for iPhone? Apple aren't the coolest about that stuff though so you might have to jailbreak to find an equivalent app. The fact it is connected to the internet is what makes this device so good though, so make sure you have a plan in place for that. I've got 100GB of data with Three, which is enough for all my spotify, tuneinradio needs. I've also installed a tool called Mtcdialer (from xda devs), and integrated that with Google Now, which I've also given permission to run constantly in the background. That allows me at any point to go:

"OK Google, phone John Smith" and it'll do it all seamlessly. Doesn't matter what music i'm listening to or whatever, it actually works brilliantly. So far the unit has really blown me away and I've even had my sister (who owns an 18 plate 3 series) comment on how she prefers it to her iDrive system.

I've spent about £300 in total so far. I bought the unit from Amazon. It's listed on there for cheaper, but the company address is the same as Xtrons, and supply the same warranty so it's all good. I've spent a few quid on little adapters and stuff as well in an attempt to get DAB working. For now, this remains the challenge.
Appreciate 2
Ali-E90378.50
blueh8869.00