View Single Post
      01-18-2019, 02:40 PM   #53
mastarron
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i xDrive M Sport e92

2011 328i xDrive M-Sport with 107k miles... I thought I was high mileage!

Work that was done under warranty
engine threw a rod (replaced under original warranty at 49k miles)
While they were doing the engine replacement, I went to pick up the car and the battery was dead. They replaced that under original warranty as well (49k miles)
passanger window regulator (original warranty)
starter replaced (extended warranty)
thermostated replaced (extended warranty)
oil sensor replaced (extended warranty)

work that I did myself
I replaced the spark plugs and the coils (around ~90k miles, parts around $300 for everything)
driver window master switch ($150 for the part, I did it myself)
upper radiator hose and expansion hose to upper radiator hose (parts around $150 and I replaced them myself). Also did the coolant flush at this time.
various brake pad jobs, I never replaced the rotors. I will do the rotors on my next brake job, probably in the summer around 115-120k miles. The car brakes great with original rotors (I dont know if rotors were changed before I bought the car, I bought it with 36k miles)
I did the power steering fluid change myself

work I paid for;
o2 sensor, bank2 sensor 2 ($125 for labor and whatever the list price was for the part)
front and rear differential fluid, transfer case fluid, automatic transmission filter and fliud change (all together was about 5-700, I was ripped off, but I did not have the tools at the time I did this, was around 70k miles)
Oil changes at dealer every 7-10k miles. I usually get $80 coupon on their website, and this is really cheap to me given that its about once a year, vs $30 for every 3k miles I used to do on my previous car.
front tire bushings (I dont remember how much I paig for them)

What I need to do as preventative;
Water pump and thermostat. I know my thermostat was replaced at 72k, but most of the kits now are pretty cheap that include water-Pump+tstat. So Ill just buy them both and have my indy guy do it. Planning to do this in the summer, when I get some more money in my pocket

EDIT:
by far my most expensive maintenance was repairing all of the bent and cracked rims... BMW OEM rims are terrible. Theyre 18" and terribly built... The rims I have are the 192M(SA2MF)

EDIT2:
I replaced the TPMS receiver behind the wheel well in the rear passanger, but apparently it needs to be "coded" which Im not willing to pay for more than $50 for ($287 for the part)

Last edited by mastarron; 01-18-2019 at 03:05 PM..
Appreciate 0