View Single Post
      10-02-2019, 07:42 AM   #227
Redshift
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3, ZHP, 335d, X5d

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozzyman View Post
The second box with the female spigot is the one you need, check the needle roller bearing in the end where the spigot on the DMF fits. The diff is a 2.35/1 . Wiring I have written down i'll dig it out, blue with red tracer goes to pin 50 on dde, there are 2 pin 50's, the one with the curly wire is an injector, you need the vacant one in the other plug. brown is ground the other 2 go the frm unit, pin 3 and pin 40. but check the wiring on your car UK and US cars may be different.
Prop wise just use a 330d if you use a 330 or 325d diff, if you use your own diff you only need the front half. you can pull the prop to meet the box, but the contact area on the spline is reduced, so if you launch it, it could snap and wreck the floor pan of the car.
If you go over 350 bhp the standard 330d clutch wont cope. 1 more tip use a new clutch switch.
Excellent, thank you. I'm curious why the female version is the one to use for the transmission - all other manual cars I've seen from BMW have the male one. I guess the output from the flywheel on the diesel is different somehow? I just want to be doubly sure before I purchase something.

Thank you also for the wiring changes. If you can tell me the signal names, that would make double checking the US/Euro differences easier. If not I completely understand.

Know anyone who can do exporting of the diff and propshaft? And maybe transmission at this point? And a source for stronger clutch?
- E70 X5D stage 3
- E70 X5D stage 4
Appreciate 0