View Single Post
      08-18-2011, 03:02 PM   #61
lightning20
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 335i sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancealot72 View Post
Awwww man, NO! They brought the techs from Yakima? That makes me nervous. Back when I was a newbie to the 335i, I would start out to drive and when I would brake, I would hear this clunk from the brake area. Well, later I found out that its just the floating break pads and it was normal. Anyways, beforehand I took it to them and they did some TSB on the rear drive shaft that was not needed and said that was the problem. Well, when I got home and heard the same noise and brought it back, all the way to yakima. They finally told me about the brake pads and the noise it makes when you back up and first go forward.

Also, they had to replace the rear brake pads and senosor on a different occasion, only the rears. A few days later when I detailed the car, inoticed all around the lug nut holes were massive chips, only on the rear rims. They had chipped the paint on my 6 month old custom rims all around the inside and outside of 9 of the 10 lug holes. I contacted the service manager, Hans, and he had me bring the car up and said he would fix them. All they basically did was do a chip repair on the spot towards the outside looked like total crap. It was totally unacceptable. I talked to Hans and he said that was the ony thing they were going to do about it. BS!

Also, when i would set my parking brake and get outof the car, there would be this huge squeak. It was embarassing how loud it was and no I am not huge guy . I asked them to fix that and they really told me that there was nothing they could do about it.

Also, and it does go on. It looks like they dropped a tool on the inner door sill of the drivers side. A huge dent and paint chipped.

Anyways, sorry for the long rant. I am glad they are out of the BMW game. I hope Tim Bush does better and these techs are better. Like i said, I will go into them with an open mind
that scares me the main reason i went to portland was cause i have heard the techs in yakima were not too good. I will do the same and go in with a open mind about them will probably call next week to set something up for the hpfp recall and let you guys know how it goes
Appreciate 0