Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 14' GMC Terrain SLT-2

Garage List
007 335i E92  [7.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wedge1967 View Post
Clearly you're still making an assumption because e85 is not always 85% and e10 is not always 10%. I filled my car last week with 15.5 gallons of e85 and my flex sensor was reading 79% Ethanol. Prior I was at 60%, so I had a very small % of 92 oct in my car at the time. Too little to drop the e85 from 85% to 79%. So to be clear, you'll never get 50/50, but does it really matter?
yes of course, its all based upon assumptions, especially because I don't have a sensor. They best I can do is make accurate assumptions as I can. My tune was based upon E50, even then it was started out too aggressive. Whether its E40, E50 or E45. Don't really know.

with a pro-tune, what matters is consistency, the tuner obviously tunes the car based upon the data and results, so E50, E48 can vary. So as long as I can do the best to make it consistent, and check data logs from time to time I should be fine. Once again i don't have the flex sensor to make adjustments.

But my comment was just being technical, E50 is not 50% E85 pump.

Just curious, which brand of E85 do you use? That is interesting that you are getting that much of inconsistency. thanks for sharing.

I use Propel Fuel @ Shell and they have some in the Cali Sac valley, Bay Area, So Cal and Washington. Its a high profile brand and I spoke with them before. They appear to be very consistent with the blends and they do not reduce the ethanol content during the winter months, so they say. But once again, its all based upon assumptions, E85, E80 and so on.

SOLD:: PTF Pro eTune by Dzenno / COBB S1+ E50
Alpina B3 Flash / ETS FMIC / ER CP / CPE DCI
Appreciate 0