View Single Post
      04-11-2024, 12:22 PM   #16
crashoverride
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: na

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris55552 View Post
It happened to mine at 44k miles, 2 months after purchasing it. Talk about luck, absoloutely no warnig. I will say this though... and it could have caused it. I over used liqui molly anti friction mos2 and ceratec... used too much at too close of an interval. It was an x3 with the n55, and even after the new motor was put in i drove it for a while and literally got rid of it 2 weeks ago. Just wasnt happy with it, it had the base suspension which I didnt like, and I just didnt like the N55 near as much as the N52. It had alot of brute power at 306hp, but to me BMWs are about more than just straigh line performance, Their about balance, handling and Id take a better handling slower car any day over straight line performance. Where I live you can never tap into that power without getting ticket after ticket, so i got rid of it and now my second car is my daily driver, a e90 328i xdrive with a manual transmission. The x3 was just one issue after the other, my transfer case was making a noise and im certain it was on its way out which would have costed alot of money. Back to the liqui moly products. I love ceratec it makes an engine run smoother and quieter but you have to follow the recommended intervals of use which I neglected to do. Lesson learned.
Cool Story(s) Bro.... While the rest of us are busy talking about the topic at hand

Appreciate 0