Rep
Drives: 2008 Audi S4 DTM

Garage List
2008 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescoupe View Post
yea, you live in such a small town! LOL
find somebody else, if you can!
Okay - it gets really frustrating about now. I had three people drive my car today, the foreman(s) and the regional tech who's name is Jim (I did get his last name, though I have since forgot it, it's not Stig). Supposedly none of them felt the lag. To be honest, I didn't feel it too much either... WHILE i was up there. My theory at this point is the car had really really reached operating temperature and somehow works better at that temp. When I picked the car up, it was lag city as normal. I should clarify it's a 40+ minute drive to the dealer...

Reading the "how the engine works" document in the sticky section of this forum really opened my eyes as to how incredibly complicated this N54 engine is. There's a section describing engine temperature levels and the associated power or economy of the temperature levels.

As for the earlier tidbits about MSD81 stuff, I know this - I have a 4/08 build with 30.0.2 (unsure of what it was delivered with, but most likely 29.2) and I experience The Lag. If BMW says I don't have it, well... that's great. Thanks.