Canada
Rep
Drives: 09 E90 335i M-Sport 6MT RWD

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by wunderbar911 View Post
Thanks for the feedback. I found the following snippet from the NHTSA guide:

The importer obtains a letter from the vehicle’s original manufacturer, on the
manufacturer’s letterhead (and not that of a franchised dealer), identifying the vehicle by
vehicle identification number (VIN) and stating that the vehicle conforms to all
applicable FMVSS except for the labeling requirements of Standards Nos. 101 Controls
and Displays and 110 Tire Selection and Rims or 120 Tire Selection and Rims for Motor
Vehicles other than Passenger Cars, and/or the specifications of Standard No. 108
Lamps, Reflective Devices, and Associated Equipment, relating to daytime running
lamps.

I guess I will start will trying to obtain the compliance letter and recall letter and see how much a cluster change is going to cost. I'm guess $1k + labour although the video to replace the cluster seems dead simple.

This was my first BMW so it has some sentimental value and was hoping to keep it. Plus who doesn't love the steering and I6 engine
Safety wise I think the cars should be the same. Cluster if you have some wrenching ability should be cheap used + a few hundred in coding.

Emissions wise California is different than the rest of the u.s and usually special. Youd need to email BMW to confirm that they are the same or ask them what needs to be changed to comply.

I do get keeping a sentimental car; It would be great
Appreciate 0