View Single Post
      11-01-2007, 11:54 AM   #28
E92Fan
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
about 60 Matt!! no faster, only glanced the fucker, didnt go over it.. im hoping the shell/ geometry will be fine as it was only a glance and it looks like the wheel took the impact well

Carlos

Bad luck matey. If there was something sticking out from the curb, and wasn't part of the curb structure itself, then if it didn't have any extra markings or warnings to advise motorists then you may have case to claim. If it is part of the curb then unfortunately that'll have to be chalked up to life experience.

The only way to know whether the geometry is out is to get it KDSd I'm afraid. You could try taking your car to a local wheel alignment centre but they most likely don't have the most uptodate settings for your car. Also, they won't be able to check for things like castor angle. Hard to swallow, but better to know that your car is 100% ok and get it checked out at your local friendly dealer. I hesitate to say this, given all the problems I've had, but you might want to give Steve Corrie a call at Sytner's in Harold Wood - say you're a mate of mine off the forum and I've told you to call him, explain what's happened, and I'm sure he'll do you a good deal, just to keep ME happy!! You've got nothing to lose... (01708 371234.. don't go to his voicemail, ask to be put through to Wendy Neville at Service Reception)
Appreciate 0