01-13-2019, 09:33 AM   #12
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by smassey321 View Post
I assume your radiator is still going strong. How about the coolant tank? I removed the 2 screws holding mine down and see an 05 stamped on the bottom so it is original and now 14 years old.

Great write up. Thanks
I replaced the radiator at 350,000 only because I hit a deer in April 2018. The accident tweaked the radiator because the core support (frame) was broken and slightly moved. I decided that it was best to replace the radiator at that point since it was coming out anyway. The old radiator was leak free even after the accident, but since I was paying for the labor to remove the radiator and cooling system breakdown, a new OEM radiator was about $170. I'd bet now 13,000 miles later the original radiator even after the accident would have been still leak free.

The reservoir tank is original.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 0