10-10-2019, 06:59 PM   #8
lowrydr310
Robot
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i, 2007 E93 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcorn View Post
www.theretrofitsource.com

Do our eyeballs a favor and stay away from all LED headlight bulbs.
OEM Factory LED lights on most cars are obnoxiously bright. Especially when you're driving an E90 which is relatively low, it seems like the beam cutoff from oncoming traffic seems to be just above my eyeballs. I'm not a fan of this trend. Halogen and even factory HID lights aren't nearly as painful to my eyes.

Quote:
I put "Daywalker" H7 LED's in my E90 LCI for both high and low beams. They're about the same brightness as a standard halogen; no wild five or six figure claim for output lumens. A few things that led to this choice: No fans or braids for cooling, and no need for external "drivers" so the cap to close the back of the headlight remains intact. These have three LED elements in a triangular pattern so the output is uniform around the bulb instead of being radiated out in only two directions, and there's a circular "cap" at the top of the bulb so all output does go out into the reflector and not directly forward.
This sounds interesting. Do you have any photos showing the beam pattern and cutoff? I know LED bulbs aren't supposed to be used in halogen reflectors, but many LED bulbs (such as these) are designed with that in mind and attempt to mimic the halogen bulb's patterns. Does it provide usable light? I like the look of the white light, but a nice beam pattern with usable light is much more important to me.
Appreciate 0