View Single Post
      12-09-2019, 11:49 AM   #12
lowrydr310
Robot
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i, 2007 E93 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcorn View Post
Not what I meant. This guy is trying to put LED bulbs into a halogen housing, which is probably worse than HIDs in halogen housings. I suggested he get actual retrofit housings made for LEDs or HIDs instead.

These thread titles always say "conversion" but all people are doing is replacing the bulb and blinding the hell out of everyone on the road.
I know you were referring to the drop-in bulbs. I was just commenting that even OEM LED headlights which seem to be popping up everywhere (come from the factory on a base model COROLLA!!!) are obnoxiously bright. It might not be an issue when you're driving a high vehicle, but in a car as low as an E90 I get blinded by oncoming traffic all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonnyguetta View Post
I just want to say you here that There are heaps of choices accessible for drop-in bulbs. All things considered, I would beg you to go through the additional money to buy bulbs that are intended to work with halogen reflectors. From what I review these do exist. On the off chance that you purchase only any bulb, it'll hurl a huge amount of light into the essences of different drivers.
Better yet, avoid any of these LED bulbs regardless of what they're designed for. If you have a halogen housing, stick with halogen bulbs!!! The drop in bulbs *might* not be too bad, but they're never going to be as good as halogen bulbs especially with regard to scatter and beam pattern.

If you want white headlights on your E90, buy an original set of HID/Xenon headlights or do a proper retrofit. I'd argue that even the proper retrofit doesn't include the leveling feature, but it's still infinitely better than HID or LED bulbs in a halogen reflector.
Appreciate 0