View Single Post
      02-07-2023, 03:45 PM   #17
Captain Buumer
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 325D

Yes, you get errors.

I was meddling with High beam H7 Leds for quite some time.

I found ones that actually consume ~50W and are upgrade over halogen due to the sheer amount of lumens (they have expected lifespan of about ~200 hours of usage and then they just burn up).

Only these did not throw error, previous three products i tried were garbage in terms of output + threw error. They can promise you anything but better check the reviews of actual output.
The F5 leds did not throw error but then there was another problem, car does periodic checks of bulbs and every time it would momentarily flash my high beams.

This meant high beam check had to be coded out and this way it doesn't really matter what you put there.

Only those leds have good pattern that try to mimic halogen wire position. Better design ones have tiny leds on both sides. I'm getting pretty similar focus as with halogen.
It's not a concentrated dot like with halogen but instead it's like a light cannon. The output is definitely worth it. Basically same as Osram CBI D1S. I had to adjust the offset slightly between the high beam and low beam. Meaning adding some washers to projector bottom holder.

Pretty similar to ledbar users but there is more usable light (less foreground light) and no external lights.

Last edited by Captain Buumer; 02-07-2023 at 03:50 PM..
Appreciate 0