View Single Post
      04-23-2011, 07:09 AM   #6
RaceBlood
Going nowhere fast.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2 wheels

I live next door to a Audi and BMW and a Mercedes dealer, and know some the guys at each as walk by everyday and we chat about cars here and there, in fact from my condo on the 25th floor, I can look down and see all the new cars from all makes, plus Honda, parked on their roofs of the buildings.

When the S5 came out, before I bought the 335i a year ago, I took a A5 and a S5 out for a spin with a salesman, and the A5 as much as it looks gorgeous, I was underwhelmed, I do like the interior, but it is a tad more busy, which I love the A8 interior, its nice than my house.

The S5 I was expecting to get into the car knowing once I drove it, my 335i would be outmatched and the lesser of the two, you would think anyway, but as you reported, the torque is nothing special, and the steering was numb. It was odd, I could not put my finger on why the car drove more like a sedan, than the coupe sportiness it looks possess. I was really disappointed, I loved the looks of the car, and was hoping to have a new car (Preowned) to lust after for a year, instead, I bought the 335i with 50K miles on it after 1 test drive, the car was a blast, its was tight, and it was good at everything I asked it to do, pure sports coupe.

Since I now have had the preowned 335i for a year this weekend, I see so many nice S5's around my block and at the dealer, and everytime say to myself, too bad that car is not fast and more tuned. I can see people going from a 3 to a 5 for a host of reasons, mainly a fresher and more contemporary body and interior, and more power to them, but below the surface, its just falls a tad short, not much, but its missing some ummph.

Its also a LOT of $$$ for a S5, and the A5 power is just getting by. Thought I have been keeping an eye on resale, and they do hold their value well, and hard to to come by as well in Chicago until this month a few are off lease now.

I am not knocking the A5/S5 in any way, a great car thats well executed and a great package, but the 335i has me spoiled, and firmly satisfied with my decision, but the A5, is damn gorgeous to me, a winner in the looks department.
Appreciate 0