View Single Post
      02-08-2009, 03:11 AM   #21
MVF4Rrider
PCA, BMWCCA
Rep
Drives: 997S, MV Agusta F4, E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanza View Post
What series will it be in? Are talking Rolex with the Daytona Prototypes? I'd bet it will hit much faster than 177. That speed doesn't seem very competitive with other 550hp cars.
I'm sure it's geared to achieve the maximum speed in top gear in which a given circuit would allow. Top speed typically only happens once per lap (at most circuits) and for an extremely brief period compared to the rest of the lap. To be successful, it needs to be reliable, very well balanced, kind to the tires, etc.

I doubt you'd see this car at Daytona. It's more likely to race in FIA GT or the Le Mans 12 and 24 hour series races here in Europe.

BTW, 177 mph on the Nurburgring is quite an achievement. I'm sure that speed was down the main straight on the F1 portion of the circuit. During endurance races, the whole circuit is in use, both the F1 portion and north loop.