View Single Post
      02-22-2019, 01:52 PM   #24
DS3IAM
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 335 XI

I had a similar situation with ZNM aka Matt. Last year I got a call from Matt offering me ST DOC Race build after the group buy failed within this regional forum. Just to be clear, I had contacted his other build owners and no one had any issues.

Here is the links and you will notice my forum ID on them

https://www.e90post.com/forums/showt...&highlight=ZNM

Here is the other link to his part store post

https://www.e90post.com/forums/showt...&highlight=ZNM

Time Line:

April 2018 paid $5,900 plus for the DOC Race 6466 Kit. Also paid $895 for SPEC 3+ SFW clutch. KIT was charged on my credit card and clutch paid through PayPal. He also said he will include for free the VRSF Race IC and Motiv E85

June 2018 - Agreed Build date would be five weeks out sometime mid June 2018. June came and going with issues with the DOC race kit. Pushed it out for another two weeks. Supposedly the ceramic coating guy sat on it

July 7 2018 - Meet Matt at his shop to show me the DOC RAC Kit. The only thing he showed me was Manifold and SPEC 3 KIT. As you will see from the photo the manifold looked used with carbon build up.

July 2018 - Because I was not happy with the coating aka used, the build got pushed back further to have the manifold redone by a different vendor.

August 2018 - Now we agreed during my vacation he would do the ST Build. Guess what that build never happened. He thought I was on vacation for two weeks and he hasn't started it yet. Waited another week to get a call from Matt that my Rod Bearings aren't good after he did an oil analysis. Btw, I never saw the analysis. He then sent me email regarding King Bearings and how it's backed ordered. He said he would do the rod bearing for free but I will have to wait for them in Mid September. I told him if that is the case why not just put in the stock OE bearings and just do the build? He wanted to put in King Bearings. That was enough for me. I called off the build and requested my refund. Btw, he said he had changed my rod bearings too. I then picked up my car and I can assure my car was not touched. Same leaves in the engine bay and spider webs on the car. Dust in the engine bay too.

I went to pick up some RTD shifter at Matt's shop. He showed me some rod bearing that he stated were from my car. I don't know why I didn't take any pictures that day. maybe I was just beyond annoyed.

Starting in August 2018 until December 2018 I was lucky enough to get my credit back from my credit card. Matt did reimburse my Paypal account for the SPEC 3+ within three weeks. It was the DOC RAC refund that took a very long time!

During this entire process I was trying to get my car ready for inspection. After number of months, deleting my Dinan Tune, going back to OE tune and then loading MHD by myself. I was able to finally be ready for inspection after DP Fix. I can tell you it was very stressful him loading my OE tune on my DME. I was just waiting for a call like other that my DME is fried! Matt did complete that in end of September 2018.

In my case, I was made whole by my credit card company. There are a number of repair items on my car and my gf car whether it's actually been done and whether we actually needed it to be done. ie Index 12's and HPFP, oil pan gasket etc. Also, I will admit he did honor my GF rear shock.

I have finally moved on from this shop and found another shop! (If anyone needs a referral let me know) I promise you the guy actually does the work and he will not up sell you on maintenance items that you don't need.

To be honest I really liked the dude. Maybe that is why I feel like I was betrayed but again I was lucky to actually receive my credit from cc company but I can assure you it was very stressful and frustrating to wait for the credit process. I am just wondering where it went all wrong. Maybe it's his parts business ? he bit off more than he can chew?! probable more details I left out but I think everyone gets the idea.

As you can see there was a number of people having similar stories,excuses and promises from Matt during the same time period. I don't have any legal action because I was made whole but I just wanted add that I was part of his ponzi scheme.
Attached Images

2009 335i xDrive 6MT // Black Sapphire / Cold Weather / M Sport / PDC / Premium Package / Aerodynamic Kit / Anthracite headliner / Keyless Entry / AR Design Catless Downpipe / Style 313 19" Wheels/ OEM Euro Taillights / LUX H8 160
Appreciate 1
Lshaw250.50