View Single Post
      11-05-2008, 03:47 PM   #2669
tyler9595
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Boring

Very short review of 2009 E90 335

The car I drove was 2009 e90 335i (non-sport, 6at, no paddles, premium, winter). My daily driver is 2007 e90 335i sport 6at w/ paddles. My car was updated to 29.2 in May.

I know a lot of you guys are fed up with this lag issue and probably dont care much how the 2009 car compares. That's understandable, so please feel free to ignore this post...my lease is up and I was curious to know if the 2009 was less laggy...so I drove one.

It's hard to tell on a short test drive. But, the power delivery of the 2009 car was definately "different". I wonder if maybe the fact that the car was non-sport was fooling me...i.e. maybe the effect of the suspension compressing more under accelleration may have made it feel more powerful down low.

With the car warmed up to 250-255, I tried a few pulls from 1500-1700rpm in 2nd gear up to "at least 4500rpm" . The power seems to be coming on smoother than my 2007, but it didnt feel like 300lbs and I'm not sure that the lag is gone...just manifesting in a different way maybe? Hard to describe. Its almost like the throttle-response is a lot better but the torque is not really coming on until about 2.5k or 3k. The 2009 power is coming on smoother and the lag seems a bit less noticeable. It did not seem to be quite up to par with what I remember before 29.2. But, again it's hard to tell from a 20 mile test-drive.

I also tried a pull from about 2k in 4th gear on the highway...seemed to take forever to make power hard to tell. I need to spend a day or so with the car to really get a feel for it.

Other random comments: 1) The car was SG but looked A LOT lighter. It looked like it was about half way between SG and Ti silver. It's probably just my screwed up eyeballs, but that surprised me...I've seen lots of SG cars so I thought I knew what SG looked like...
2) CA said there are no 2-year leases as of now...wierd.
Appreciate 0