View Single Post
      07-03-2018, 11:13 PM   #5
sirdaft1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 & E90 WTCC Racecar (SOLD)

Garage List
bcoffin23 great so see another Motorsports-type enthusiast come onto this platform! We’ve been a somewhat rarer breed on this platform up until the past 1-2 years. That said, as R&D continues to advance on this platform, we’re seeing more and more track day/race car builds taking place, which is awesome.

That said, for some background on how to properly build these - search for turb0mik3’s build thread (probably the most famous e9x n54 racecar in this community). And feel free to click the link in my signature below for some of the items we addressed when we went full tilt racecar mode with my 335.

That said, cooling is the Achilles heel that can 100% be remedied. Address cooling in these three areas:
  • Oil
  • Coolant
  • Air (intercooler)

Oil
You might be able to DIY this with some Setrab cores, but I would recommend just splurging on the ER Competition Dual Oil cooler setup. It’s pricey but will handle the issue. I would also recommend getting the aluminum shrouding that comes with the OCs, makes them far more effective.

Coolant
Upgrade to an aluminum CSF or Mishimoto radiator. The aluminum plus added capacity handles the heat issue. Also if you upgrade the oil coolers (as previously mentioned) the radiator no longer has to compensate double duty by cooling down the sky high oil temps.

Air
Depending on power goals (stock turbos or ST?), get an upgraded intercooler at a minimum (VRSF, ER, etc - cheap and plentiful). This will keep IATs in check.

Beyond these, down pipes are worth looking into as they breathe much better than the restrictive catted pipes. And at a minimum, proper brake pads are also recommended (I prefer PFCs).

Hope this helps. Feel free to ask away on any other questions. By the way, any pics of the 335??
Appreciate 0