02-24-2015, 09:52 AM   #50
wgknestrick
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 335 xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothy2001 View Post
Ignoramis I am.

So, stock intake is crap. Long, serpentine CAI are crap. Wonderful. (I know you didn't say crap but I can temper that with less desirable).

Not too many good options on our cars since the intake does wrap around the engine and frankly it's got to go somewhere to take advantage of FMIC.

So, after installing a CAI and a FMIC would you say a tune or adjustment is a good idea to compensate for the changed variables? I would think for those minor changes compensation would happen in it's own no?
I agree with others that this got off track, and I apologize. If you want to create an intake design thread, I can move the posts in there.

Back on catless CEL track:

Do we have any update on the N55 CEL fix for catless downpipes? I am very skeptical of the solution posted working long term because I know how hard it can be to fool the electronics. We probably need someone with a scope-meter to see the transient voltage the ECU wants to see (and when) from the O2 sensor(s). I would LOVE to find something that works though. It would also help if BMS could help share their past efforts here and why they didn't work. I would guess they spent a good deal developing their N54 solution and just tried that on the E9x N55. It didn't work and they probably scrapped it due to low volume.

The path I see a solution developing is to scope the O2 voltage on a stock car and then compare that transient graph with a catless O2. Once we know the offset, then we can start to develop an electronic solution to shift the V waveform.

for example:

Generally the voltage interceptors work best IMO over the mechanical. The mechanical tend to have too much delay (longer wave periods) in V readings. They don't always shift the waveform (up or down) into the acceptable zone.
Appreciate 0