03-23-2015, 03:44 PM   #36
Calluhan
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 640D Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwh85 View Post
I wish I had the balls to do half the stuff you have, I didn't mind getting my hands dirty on my other cars but this I just take it and pay somone to do it.

I've had my vac pipes replaced and bought the forge boost pipe. It's in for dpf removal and egr delete along with an exhaust and remap

Gearbox oil change is on the list, have you got a link to where you bought yours from?
It doesn't take balls mate - just a bit of confidence and making sure you take your time. It helps that I don't have to rely on the car so if its off the road for a few days theres no problem.

The gearbox oil change was straightforward but I put the car on 4 axle stands to keep it level. It was a little tight getting the pump fill tube in but a bit of patience goes a long way.

Then its just a case of following the ZF instructions, getting the box to the right temp and stirring the gears once up to temp - then top up the fluid - that being the most important part.

I bought the kit from:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-ZF-OEM...item27f8bd3210

There are cheaper kits using Meyle fluid but I wanted the ZF kit. Hope that helps mate?
Appreciate 0