View Single Post
      03-21-2018, 01:32 PM   #66
xrviz
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by socotra123 View Post
I believe this is wrong. The SULEV extended warranties are specific to State regulations, so when they are registered in a non-SULEV state, the extended SULEV warranties no longer apply. Previously, BMW SULEV warranty was a big confusing using the term "and/or". For example, "sold, leased, and/or registered in California, Maine, Massachusetts, New York or Vermont." So, I believe some folks were able to get parts covered under the SULEV warranty.

However, in more recent SULEV warranties (I believe in 2011), BMW has very much changed the wording to, "(SULEV) Limited Warranty applies to all U.S.-specification BMW vehicles registered in California, Connecticut, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont or Washington." So, you can see that the wording has very much changed to a straightforward state registration requirement.
Just my luck, I have a 2011 now registered in SC. So I guess I'm SOL. Can BMW simply change the wording? Isn't the 15/150K warranty a federal warranty?
Appreciate 0