View Single Post
      01-27-2019, 09:11 AM   #91
Metallizer
Rep
Drives: 08 335i

So I came across something interesting when putting the VB back together and checking all configurations. When checking the location of all the balls and check valves in reference to Sonnax's diagram I had to move a ball. It's possible this VB has been rebuilt before and maybe it got mixed up, either way I'm going to go off what Sonnax is telling me to do.

I wasn't sure if anyone else experienced this or even took notice but I thought it was very odd. Either way I'm putting it back together not wasting my time to do the vacuum test, everything went together smooth and if there's a failure it was in an area that I didn't have parts to fix.

Also one thing that needs to be added to the tool list is an 8-32 machine screw, for when you install the End Plugs behind the soleniods.

Overall the rebuild is fairly straight forward, just tedious. If your not good with small parts and O-rings I wouldn't suggest it. The location of all the balls and check valves was the only thing that worrired me from the start but Sonnax got your butt covered on that one....and even the soleniod valve locations.

seccsc- Your DIY has come into excellent use and many more of us mechanics to come will find great value in it.
Appreciate 1
seccsc239.00