View Single Post
      02-12-2010, 11:32 AM   #85
BrianMN
Banned
Rep
Drives: 4 Door Family Sedan

Nick- In regards to the FMIC, I cannot stress enough how beneficial and safe a FMIC is..especially compared to meth. I'm not sure who told you that taking off the bumper is necessary, but it definitely is not necessary. You just have to take off the undertray, then take off 2 bolts, 2 couplers/clamps, and whammo you've got the stock one off. Start to finish, It takes me 25 minutes to revert to the stock intercooler, and half that time is jacking it up and taking off the undertray.

As far as boost leaks, I'm not sure why that is a concern? I've only heard of a couple stories of a leaky connection, but they are always due to improper install or hitting a snowbank and ripping the IC off backwards (like my girlfriend did). After a proper install, there is really zero chance of a boost leak.

For brands, I would recommend first AMS, followed by Helix,AA,etc.. I'm not sold on the HPF IC, particularly the use of the stock end tanks.

Hope this helps! I can help install an IC anytime! I've got a heated garage if you've got a 6 pack of corona to share
Appreciate 0